Wednesday, January 5, 2011

FULL TERM!

So I'm finally 37 weeks! Meaning, at this point, if he were born he would be fully developed. At the last appointment the physicians assistant (doctor was booked) informed me that the baby might be a little on the small side. Not dangerously small, just...a little small. She advised me to rest more and eat more (particularly protein) so I had the office staff where I work, take me off the schedule from here on out...
What am I going to do then to keep myself occupied, you might ask (or you might not...but I'm telling you anyways)?

I'm going to:

- continue to enjoy Netflix

- make updates to registries

- make cushions for the red rocker pictured below

- customize some plain white onesies

- pack hospital bag

- clean!
- become familiar with KSL and how to sell things on it--and do so

- continue to read Chronicles of Narnia and What to Expect ("when expecting" and "the 1st year")


My bosom buddy Liz was in town from California for the holidays so she and my other bosoms (buddies, that is) threw me a baby shower (the other shower thorwing buddies = Marla and Michelle). Here are pictures from the magical dinner/shower. Thanks Liz, Marla, Michelle, Jency, Paige and Justine!!! :)





This is the 36 week picture. I thought I'd include it as well.
Red rocker from Jeff and Jan (Grandpa and Grandma Tingey)
I would upload the photo of the fabric I want to use to make cushions for this but I think I'd rather shoot myself. It'll have to wait 'til next entry (by which time I hope to be finished with the cushions). Will someone PLEASE make uploading and moving pictures on blogger, do-able enough that I won't throw temper tantrums every time??!?!!!

Just F.Y.I., I have changed where we're registered (for anyone wanting to know):
Walmart or Walmart.com
Diapers.com
Albeebaby.com (which only has a couple things on it because most other things are cheaper/better on diapers.com or walmart.com)
One more F.Y.I. : When it comes to baby clothes, Brett and Emily generally aren't big fans of:
- disney cartoons
- bears, dogs, tigers
- cars, trucks, tractors
- most sporty themed clothes (especially Nascar, Brett says)
- light blue (some light blue clothing is fine but we feel it can be a little overdone with baby boys)
clothing from Old Navy is almost always a safe bet (and great prices too!)

5 comments:

  1. If you need help enjoying netflix, I'm there for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are almost done! I can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make sure you make a chair cushion for your arm. My rocker has wood arm rests and my arm gets really tired after a few minutes of holding mimi! I always have to shove a pillow on the side of me to hold my arm up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are looking so cute full term. Also, that shower did look cute.

    ReplyDelete