Monday, August 30, 2010

18 Weeks, 3 days



I knew I'd be bad at blogging if I didn't keep up with it regularly. I'm doing this grudgingly but I really want to have record of my pregnancy.
Last week my family and I went to Lake Powell. Being in a swimming suit made me realize just how little my belly has grown. It was frustrating (I hope I don't sound like one of those people that say "oh I'm such a nerd" but really mean "oh I'm really smart." My complaints probably come across as "oh I don't have a belly" as in "oo look at me I'm skinny." Ew! Annoying! So REALLY I just yearn for the growth because I think the pregnancy will feel/seem more real to me once I've got a distinct pregnant tummy).
However it HAS gotten a little bigger over the past 4 days. It seems to have finally sprouted a little.

While in Lake Powell my brother and his girlfriend tried out wakeboarding for...sort of the first time. Apparently they had tried it once or twice before but it had been a while. So Brett and I were trying to coach them on how to do it. It was getting frustrating coaching them since it had been probably about 2 years since I had last tried wakeboarding and I was itching to try it just to make sure the tips I was giving them were accurate. After lots of coercion, Brett finally agreed to let me try it...as long as he was the one driving the boat, going slow. I wouldn't have done it if I thought I would crash but I knew I wouldn't. :) Cocky, I know.Anyhow, we all had a great time in Lake Powell (even though I am still slightly mood-swinging and ended up getting irritated with every single person there at one time or another. Got annoyed with Brett the least though, of course. ha).
Picture: Brett and I at Rainbow Bridge

So I haven't felt any movement yet.....I don't think....

Over the weekend my bosom buddy Lee-uhz (Liz) came up from California where she is currently living. The week prior, my cousin/other bosom buddy returned home from her summer in St. Petersburg. It was so good to have some feminine bonding. :)
They both say that I'm starting to look pregnant. Meh. To me, I think right now I just look like I've had way too many pints of Ben & Jerry's coffee heath bar crunch.

Ultrasound this Thursday!!! We will finally be able to stop calling it, it. SOOOOOO EXCIIIIIITEEEEDDDD!!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I am so excited to find out what you are having.

    ReplyDelete
  2. two more days til sex identification (really wanted to write that word in your comment). First, nice work on the lake - I fail at wakeboarding. Second, sorry about your super hard life and that your belly is still small! Ha! Actually, it IS super exciting to start getting a recognizable bump - I'm betting you'll start having a little belly for people to start rubbing in the next couple weeks! I'm excited for you to start feeling movement - it's pretty rad. I started feeling movement around 16-17 weeks, but it was hard to tell what it was at first. Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bosom is a funny word. miss you darling. i'm sad i won't be back in utah when you find out if you're having a him or a her. love you though- i'll come see you in october :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are starting to get a little belly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a baby belly! I saw and patted it myself!!! (validated)

    ReplyDelete